Saturday, February 21, 2015

On Letting Go

I hope you know that I tried. I hope you realize that I tried to make amends and that I tried to reach out to you. I hope you understand that I thought it important to look past pride and anger for someone regarded as family.
I hope you know deep in your heart that I never gave up on you.

And while I have all these hopes for you, I pray you also learn. I pray you let your ears actually listen for someone who really needs you, and I pray you learn to try too.

Because you walked away and didn't even bother to say goodbye. But that's quite alright you can blame me if there's no one left to blame.

And if what you wanted were my tears, you got them. If you wanted my sorrow, content yourself in knowing that is yours as well.

Be happy in knowing I spent days going through conversations in my mind. Pride yourself in the fact that I beat myself up trying to figure it out, that it cut me sharp hearing you'd gone away.

And if all that makes you happy, if all this brings you closure, then I am sincerely glad.









No comments:

Post a Comment