Monday, January 4, 2016

10 Months Thus Far

And it's not like I've kept count, I literally had to stop and think back, thankfully, hah. I feel like I haven't written in here forever, but with the fifteen minutes before I have to jump into bed for tomorrow (I'll get to that soon), I just want to cover what's been going on so far. I guess it's good to write things down once and a while, huh?

I've learned not to get over-excited. Who would've thought? Right. So I saw potential in someone and things started off well, until well, it just went in the opposite direction and I just kinda decided "Nope." Things happen I guess. There's always the desire to have someone there, but it's when you really start to weigh things that the picture becomes less rose colored, more defined. Unfortunately, this person wasn't quite stable enough in life, still dealing with personal issues they were actively running away from... did I mention they started acting like "Talking" was a high school game... hmm... I know it's weird to say, but I feel like I've finally got my priorities in line, and someone who's still bumming around or unsure of what they want is just... not what's best.

I've gotten healthier. WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER! Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest. But yeah. I've definitely become much more healthy. I look good (when did I ever think I'd say that straight up). I've been told I look good (need I say more?) I'm not doing it for anyone else, but hey, it's nice to see that my efforts yield results. It's still hella difficult, and I'm battling my family for room in the fridge for veggies and fruits but I'm trying. It's still a struggle. I'm still trying to find a balance, but hey, I'm definitely getting there!

I have a job! Woah, man, welcome to the real world. SO the reason I have only seven minutes left is because I start tomorrow. I know, BAM. I got a call today and couldn't be more excited. Adult life with adult responsibilities with adult everything. Just... wow, so blessed :D

^ That also means I graduated. Summa Cum Laude to be exact. God is awesome!

Hmm... my attitude to life has changed (5 minutes left). I definitely went through a bout of insecurity and frustration, but I think, I've definitely come out changed for the better. I think mostly I've become much more firm, less pushover-y, more grounded, much more secure, decided, and no nonsense. I KNOW. It's funny because a family friend who had come to visit earlier this year came again a few weeks ago. Her biggest comment was that I was a completely different person that she had said goodbye to before. She was proud and she was amazed. Yay.

I've grown up. I guess that's the bulk of it. I've exponentially grown up. I've exponentially learned to love myself and love God. I've exponentially taken responsibility for myself, my dreams, and my relationship with those around me. I'm excited for what the future holds. I feel like I'm finally able to say

Yes, I am a woman, and by God's grace I've worked hard for that.

1 comment:

  1. Yay new post.
    Congratulations on summa coom whatnot! You've always been intelligent but when you add your worth ethic, there's no stoppin' ya. :')

    ReplyDelete