Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Distance

It's been a little over a month now and it feels like it's been forever. It's crazy not being able to explain what simply exists even when they're not right there with you. I heard a poem read today by one of my city's well known artists. In it he read a line that stuck with me all day:  "the distance of our love is proximity only. " It's true. 
I don't know what to make of what's next, but I do know that I can see it. I can fear the past or hope for the future. And I know it's impossible to compare like it is to compare the sun to the moon. I can't. He's his own star, his own collected calm and burning passion... I can't. He is, he's been a part of me like I him for longer than I can recall. And the only one to see right through the hardest part of me and still....still stick around. We shoved constelletions into back pockets, shut our hearts to pretend neither one longed for the other, spread ourselves thin...
Till all we could do was break... And watch the stars fall from our fingertips, words heave and breathe with the knowledge that we were supposed to be. Just be.
Us.
Nothing to explain, no questions, just a breath and it is...
Just
Us..
Where the distance of our love was... is proximity... Only 

No comments:

Post a Comment