You could say it a thousand times, even a million, and never truly mean anything with those words. You can flatter and promise and swear, but leave your words in the wind. Some things are simply better acted on then said. I can count the number of times we've said those words out loud. But I can't fit into a hand the hours of engaged conversation, the times we've laughed and joked, the timed we've shared our strengths and weaknesses. We could have filled our texts and conversations with empty three word phrases, but instead we chose to share our lives-- instead, we choose to take an active interest, your passion is mine and I know mine is yours. When I hurt it hurts him, and when he hurts it hurts me-- so we try to keep the peace, be strong, and put one foot in front of the other for both of us.
When actions speak, words can be secondary. You don't have to hear it said every day or every hour because you know it. In the depths of tour being you feel and see the action, the choice reciprocated.
We share because we want to. And in the quiet, "I love you" doesn't need to be said because it's always shown, always alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment