Saturday, July 30, 2016

I am Storm

He was a hurricane and I was the eye of the storm, somehow destined to bring peace to the whirlwind surrounding. I was the serenity and gravitating pull toward calmer shores. And he destined to muster up songs from the deep, surging, screaming and an expanding of the lungs to fill the space he had already given. We were the perfect combination of beauty and rage, peace and passion, intensity and  rest. We were the storm men both feared and stared in awe. We danced to the rhythm of hidden currents, flowing and building momentum. We swam in the oceans and ravaged the edges of the shore until land and sea collided. Immersed in the thick of it. We danced until the violence became a whisper, until the waves subsided into the ether-- into silence. And we drifted, held together in suspension, in the depths of the sea and in the listlessness-- waiting. Resounding heartbeat against the darkness of wind and earth and space of space made of boundless energy, magnetic... Volatile... Powerful.

He was a hurricane and I was the eye of the storm...together we lived on in our kingdom of the seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment