Monday, July 4, 2016

Soul Mates

We did everything together those three days. It was like it was supposed to be, and it was wonderful. We bought a little bit of groceries, ate dinner together, drank a little, laughed much, and loved deeply. We sized for wedding bands and my engagement ring, made choices, and now it's a waiting game for me. He used a potential engagement line on me and laughed-- he said he needed to come up with another one.
Our energies were exhilarating. The way he looked at me, I swear it's like there was no one else in the universe he would rather have been looking at. And when he held me I was home, really, I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

It'll be an interesting year. We both got a taste of it, and now it feels like we are constantly missing each other's companionship and presence. It seems it has become a matter of necessity, more than a want to be together, to grow together.

If someone would have told me I'd be here a year or two ago, I don't know if I would've believed them. But now, he's the biggest earthly blessing that has come to my life. And I deeply want to spend the rest of it beside him.

I waited, my love, all these years... and it was worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment