And I'll finally be reunited with him. How fast can I make 26 hours go? I feel like of all days this one should be skipped. I want so badly to be on the road, but then I realize those 5 hours will seem like the 26 put together.
We laughed our heads off last night being silly with words that roll off the tongue. Perhaps we just wanted to hide the anxiety underneath. We've been waiting for over a month for this, and finally it's just around the corner. We exchange I love you's and fade into silence. Sweet dreams, don't leave, stay, don't go, why aren't you here, why aren't I there; please, stay. So I stay, so he stays, and we let sleep drown us. We wake in the darkness, quiet reminders. Sleep. Nerves. Anxiety. Excitement.
I'm meeting his parents in the evening. Or rather, they wanted to meet me. And that is always a positive step forward.
My dad got s bit emotional. My mom's trying to be resilient. He and I are gathering wit and strength. 26 hours left.
No comments:
Post a Comment