Okay, I admit, not even I could see this one coming. Talk about out of no where shock to my comfortable world...
I'm talking about an old friend. By old friend, I mean, I've known this person like ten years already. I guess you could say that there was something there in the past, but then it was suddenly decided (not by me) that it was nothing more than platonic. And that's where everything else just kinda.... coasted.
Not to say it was bad. We vibed well. I mean, we talked deep conversations for hours and it felt like minutes. We put in crazy hours over 10 years, you know.
Anyway, over the last couple of months we've been talking.. well... kinda talking. It's been on and off I should say. It was still meaningful conversation, of course, but we were both just too busy to sit down and talk like before. It just wasn't happening.
Needless to say, now it's kind of come at me in one giant wave that things were not what they seemed. That maybe, just maybe... well... more than maybe... this could work out. And I don't mean like, just momentary, I mean big picture.
Heck, I hadn't even brought it up yet and he was like *puts foot down and makes committed decision* deal.
Sorry if I sound childish. I don't take it lightly. I guess I am just still overwhelmed by it.
It makes sense.
But it hasn't sunk in.
I'll see him again in two weeks.
Hopefully.
We're both praying.
Not making a decision yet, but knowing what I want.
This time I'm taking it slow. This time I think it'll be reciprocated.
This time he is taking the lead.
This time I'll follow where HE and he carefully, tenderly lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment