Friday, November 21, 2014

Late Nights and Knitting

I'm blogging from my bed as I lay down trying to sleep. I had set a goal for myself to start waking up at reasonable times but waking up just seems to be a horrible activity for me. Whether I sleep at midnight or 5 in the morning. The only difference being, the less sleep I get the earlier I would get sleepy tired. If that makes sense. Basically I always feel tired, but there is a scale.
I started knitting a scarf and I am incredibly sad because I may have made it too wide so it's just going to take that much longer. If I work on it everyday for like an hour at least, I predict it will take a month. I tried knitting in the dark just a bit ago and it was a bit difficult. There's a point where you don't have to look often, right? I have to make sure the movements are just right and the string goes where it's supposed to or else I suffer. There's already a noticeable tiny hole in it. And sometimes, an extra stitch appears on the needle, I don't even know how that even happens. It's even all lopsided!! Despite the annoying attention to detail, it can be relaxing. I complain but the mistakes will grow less with practice. Blemishes build character.
I'm a beginner knitter, I havent even finished a project before. I almost made a hankerchief (wow how do you spell that? Is that right?? Oh well, phone doesn't have good spellcheck). But yeah, I looked up tutorials for other things like mittens and hats and was like "nope nevermind."
Okay my eyes are finally getting a bit heavy and maybe I can drift off to sleep now.
I hope this looks like a decent amount written.  Probably not. OH WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment