Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Life of a Commuter

Sitting. Sometimes I wonder at my choice of friends. Today I found myself doing this quite a bit, looking out the window that is. Most of the time, I just listen, I'm not one to say much, not really.

There was talk of noodles, backpacks, classes, windows and Yoda.

I'm not really sure where one conversation lead to the next, but I tried my best to turn occasionally flash a smile, nod like I understood and stare down at the screen of my phone. On occasion, when someone decided to make a sly remark, I'd reply similarly.

I have gotten better at sarcasm lately.

But I think, that the reason I surround myself with such different people is that it gives space for them to talk and for me to be silent.
Yeah. I'm content looking out windows.
And I'm grateful they allow me to be a part of their everyday life and conversation.
Even if it can become a pile of nonsense.
                                                     "Did you just kick my backpack?"



No comments:

Post a Comment