Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Overpriced Chai

It's a terrible thing.  How is it possible that a drink costs nearly $4 when its just tea and milk. Literally it's tea and milk. I pay nearly the same amount for a whole box of that stuff at Tevana or Trader Joe's. But no... oh no, Starbucks basically has you pay with your blood.
And I am a sucker for it.
Why?
Because no where else on campus sells you tea and milk. That's why.
You know why else-- because I feel like drinking chai and the place is conveniently located 15 feet away from me.
-Insert irritated face here-
Okay, so I probably spend about $12 a week on coffee and tea thanks to these guys. I could bring my drinks from home, only problem is that it would mean I have to drink the drink soon after I make it, which if I'm honest, sometimes I'm not in the mood for. (I don't want a chai so close to lunchtime!) It also means that if I finish said drink I have to carry around an empty cup all day. Which also means more stuff I have to shove in my backpack. Need I mention how heavy that sucker is already?
But I digress. I could do a lot with $12.
I could pump more gas in my car.
I could buy another winter hat. (no I dont have a problem..... I only have 3 okay!)
I could get my car washed,
could invite a friend out for lunch
could buy myself lunch that is better than cereal
could save it in the bank for gosh darn sakes.

But no. I want my coffee. I want my tea. And unfortunately because Starbucks has a monopoly on campus... that means they also get my money..
This is why we cant have nice things!



1 comment:

  1. (Ok idk if my first comment posted so ima just repeat it lol)
    I barely noticed your computer screen is the blog post.

    ReplyDelete