Over the summer, I spent my days in Colorado. On one such day we visited a town called Boulder where we bumped into a chill looking dude playing on a drum/pan instrument. I have to say, it was such an awesome sound. My friends and I stuck around for a good while before we literally had to get pulled away.
Flashback to the present!
I could not remember the name of the instrument for the life of me, and being the music junkie I am, I spent a couple of weeks looking all over the internet for some hint as to what produced that unique sound. Nothing.
My search went on for intervals until I just decided it was an obscure instrument name I was never going to find.
Then today happened. I was looking through my news feed on Facebook when I saw someone had posted a video with the instrument in it. I was so excited! Needless to say I went and looked up some pretty cool people playing this really cool instrument.
It really left me thinking though. Every time I stop searching for something, somehow I end up finding exactly what I was looking for. Maybe it's the moment that we let go of our search that we begin to understand what it is exactly we are aiming for. And maybe it's only when we stop trying to do things ourselves that we find what we thought we'd never find.
Anyway, here it is (:
No comments:
Post a Comment