Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I Can Hear the Wind

I've been having the strangest dreams the past couple of nights. The first, I started saying goodbye to a lot of people I knew, particularly those involved in several of the problems that have been unsettling lately. Strangely, at the end of that dream as I laid down to sleep, I could not wake up again. It scared me for the moment, but thinking about it now, I guess.. in my dream, part of me just died. That's all I've got, really. I don't know how else to interpret that except through the idea that maybe it was time to let go it go and let it die. I said goodbye to plenty of people I cared for, and while I may not be able to do that in person, I did it then. I meant it then.

Last night I dreamt I had a final conversation with these people. Again I mentioned the problems we faced, and this time, they left. In my dream I cried for what seemed like hours until I finally walked away somewhere and woke up. There wasn't even a tear in my eye, I just kind of looked up at the ceiling for a few minutes and sighed myself back to sleep.

I think I've finally closed something. I've finally stitched up the wound. It's been a rough and painful process, but maybe... maybe I'm finally finished. I've cried countless nights, I've prayed, I've tried, I've cried some more and I'm finally closing that book. Done.

I can hear the wind outside. It's stronger than it's been in a really long time and carries with it a cold I haven't felt since very early winter.
If I've ever felt connected to the weather, I find it proper now to say things are getting blown away. It is cold, and it is still painful if you stand too long in it's path, and sometimes the bite makes your eyes water and cry, but it's passing and it's blowing things away.
And I'm sure
I'll still cry,
it'll still hurt for a while,
and it will take a while for the stitches to come out,
and it might be a while,
but at least it's closed
at least I feel closure
now.

No comments:

Post a Comment