Sunday, March 8, 2015

To Love

I couldn't sleep last night. I spent the entire night thinking about what it means to love. I spent the entire morning wondering about the kind of love that Christ offers us. And as I laid there and cried till I could cry no more, silent until the silence was all I could express, I realized...
Maybe the reason we continually turn away from Jesus is that a love unconditional is a love irrational, a love extreme, a love mysterious, a love that never gives up, a crazy love. And we are afraid of that. More, we are terrified. We are terrified of what we do not understand, we are frightened by what does not make sense in our heads, we are repelled by what is most genuine because we hide our own selves. We are afraid that a love like that could ever exist because it makes us confront ourselves. It makes us angry. It makes us furious that as much as we want love to give up, to despise, to let go, to turn away, Love does not. Love never fails, Love endures, Love hopes and is patient and holds... and holds... and holds...

And in the hour that I finally got to rest, I saw Him there, before everyone, with the saddest eyes in the world, and yet there was Love in them. For the first time in my life I understood what it means to love and be pushed aside again...and again... and again. And in that moment, with his arms open wide, He was at His most vulnerable.. and we hurt Him. Yet still He loved. And as He carried all our faults and fears and doubts and evils He never left. We let go, but He never did. He held on.. and loved..and held... and held.. and forgave.. and loved... and still he holds... and loves.. 
and holds...
And all I can ask now is
Let my love always be a reflection of You.


 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment