Sometimes we go through the things that we do. But today an old friend of the family came by to visit with her daughter and two little ones. They always used to tell us, even though 10 years in age apart, that we were very alike. Our characters, they said, were extremely similar. I didn't know much of what we went through would be too.
She asked me about someone.
No longer part of their life in that way.
She smiled and pat my back telling me the story of how she went through almost the exact same situation. I was surprised. It was nearly identical. Funny how that happened.
Regardless, it made me feel a little bit better; a little of the steam was let out, and I saw a tiny ray of hope.
As I hugged one of her two kids to my chest she told me God always has a plan and a purpose. Sometimes people make drastic choices, and sometimes we just have to believe God has a reason behind everything.
She said to be patient. She said the day would come. She said to let God move the way He wanted. She looked at her little one and said one day, even if it's years from now, it won't matter where I've been, because where I will be, will be so much better...
And so, I went back to my room, took a good long look at my shelf... and packed everything away.
No comments:
Post a Comment